INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replay Gain information not saved in AIFF files  (Read 2694 times)

mdx1

• World Citizen
Replay Gain information not saved in AIFF files
« on: November 23, 2010, 12:38:23 am »

I have running MC 15.0.157 and created a second library with AIFF files.  The AIFF files are either ripped from CD or converted from FLAC with dBpoweramp R14.

When a tag is updated inside MC, it is not updated in the file and is conformed by the dBpoweramp tag editor.  This causes a big problem.  Recently I started adding by the ReplayGain information by using the analyzing audio tool in MC.  The results are recorded in FLAC files but not in AIFF files.

Does MC support AIFF as read-only?
Nelson

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Replay Gain information not saved in AIFF files
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 01:26:33 am »

It works for me. Perhaps you have not enabled AIFF tagging in Plug-in Manager:

Tools > Plug-in Manager > Input > WAVE & AIFF plugin > Configure > Write tags...
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

mdx1

• World Citizen
Re: Replay Gain information not saved in AIFF files
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 01:46:42 am »

It works for me. Perhaps you have not enabled AIFF tagging in Plug-in Manager:

Tools > Plug-in Manager > Input > WAVE & AIFF plugin > Configure > Write tags...

Alex,

Thank you!  That was it.  It would have taken me forever to find it.  The AIFF files have been moved and all previous ReplayGain information was all lost.  All files (over 7600) are being analyzed again.

Why was it enabled by default?  Is there a good place in MC to check all the common settings in a glance?  

Since the library is filled with only AIFF files, it would have been nice for MC to tell me the tags are not written to the disk as this setting has not be turned on.  Instead it was reporting 0 failures.:)
Nelson
Pages: [1]   Go Up