INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I go directly to Web Remote?  (Read 947 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Can I go directly to Web Remote?
« on: November 25, 2010, 03:57:24 am »

I will only be using the Web Remote part of the network tools, and I'd prefer that my kids can get directly to where I want them to get. Is there any way to make any log-in go directly to that? I tried to modify the index.html, but couldn't get that to work. Maybe the paths are hardcoded in a way that I don't understand? I do some very simple Dreamweaver work for my website (which hasn't been upgraded in ages - when the house is done this winter I'll start working on that again) and my wife's pet shop. I tried copying the index.html from Web Remote to the Library Server directory and changing the Playing Now to

Code: [Select]
../WebRemote/Default/playingnow.html
I figured that the ../ would take me one directory higher than Library server, to the Data directory, and then I could go to the WebRemote stuff. Of course that didn't work... So could anybody please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm sure it's pretty obvious to those who actually know what they're doing!  ;D
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Can I go directly to Web Remote?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 08:17:12 am »

You should be able to set a bookmark in a browse to any WebRemote / WebPlay page.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, if you're on Android, use our native app Gizmo instead.

WebPlay, WebRemote, and Gizmo all build on the same web service, called MCWS.  If you're interested in developing, there's more information on MCWS and the WebPlay/WebRemote system in our developer's wiki: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DevZone
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re: Can I go directly to Web Remote?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 08:19:18 am »

Right. So I have to go that way, not through the direct address. OK, thanks!
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up