INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View Schemes with Movies in Individual Folders  (Read 821 times)

horse

• World Citizen
View Schemes with Movies in Individual Folders
« on: November 30, 2010, 02:09:59 am »

This may be a daft question, but could not find a way to do what I want and nothing showed up in a search.

My movies were .iso images in a folder called "Movies", where all the movies appear as a list under the "Video > Movies" view scheme.
I select Video, then Movies, then the movie I want and it plays.

Now I'm slowly moving all my movies over to mkv's and generally organizing the library.
Under the "Movies" folder I create a folder with the name of the movie and then into this goes the mkv and after a quick look up on Wikipedia (awesome feature) I get a folder.jpg and the sidecar files. All is wonderful . . . . .except

No when I browse to the Video > Movies view scheme, I see the movies, however I need to select the movie, which turns out to be the folder, and then I have to select the only file in that folder.

My guess is this is done for DVD rips that create VOB's or people with multiple files that make up the movie.
Is the anyway to turn of this function and just have the list of media files without the extra folder in the view scheme and avoid the redundant select on the remote.
Hopefully my description makes sense and I am hoping it is another feature that I have yet to discover in MC :-)

Thanks

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: View Schemes with Movies in Individual Folders
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 03:23:51 am »

Then there is something wrong with your view, or you have selected a view with folder structure. Try to right click video and check what items is listed under "Show categories in this order". You have probably File Path selected there. Try to remove it, or you can try to make a new view from scratch.
All you have to do is placing it under Video (or editing the main Video category) and edit the details under "Set rules for file display". Select Video or Movies there, and only that will be shown.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

horse

• World Citizen
Re: View Schemes with Movies in Individual Folders
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 10:45:51 am »

Thanks Mr Haugen.
Creating a new view scheme showed it correctly and so . . . .
After a nights sleep and your direction I found I had a "View Scheme Modifier" that had a "Sort By" - Genre and Name.
Removing Name resolved the problem

Many thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up