INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Podcast Feed setups be exported and re-imported?  (Read 1700 times)

Warbird777

• Recent member
Can Podcast Feed setups be exported and re-imported?
« on: December 01, 2010, 02:54:26 pm »

I would like to export my Podcast Feed setups (I have over 40), prior to a Clear Library, and then re-import them.
I am familiar with the Export Library feature, but I am unsure how one could import only the Podcast Feed setups.
The reason is the main thing I will lose with a Clear Library, besides a few Customized Views, is the Podcast Feed setups.

FYI: The need to reset my Library via a Clear Library, is due to Library Rot.
Library Rot as in the following. I recently copied my media files to a new machine and imported them into a new install of MC15.
I then compared the number of files/sizes between these two instances, and there are substantial differences.
No amount of delete (from Library only) and re-import (without ignoring past deletions) will restore the library.
In other words there are some media files that will no longer import into the old instance of MC,
even via "Automatically import files when played".

Warbird777

• Recent member
Library Rot - What causes it and how to fix it?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 08:55:51 pm »

After 20 days of no response, I am going to take that as a no...Podcast Feed setups are not re-importable.

Regarding Library Rot, I see others have this issue as well, http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=60744.0;prev_next=prev#new.

Any idea how to get media files to import, short of uninstalling, blowing away the MC15 directory (C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\J River\Media Center 15), and reimporting from scratch?

Thanks,
Michael

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can Podcast Feed setups be exported and re-imported?
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 03:10:33 am »

Any use?

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Preferences_%28where_they_are_stored%29

Podcasts feeds are stored in podcasts.xml so you just need to copy that file to restore your settings...

Not sure about re-importing old podcasts.

Mark

Warbird777

• Recent member
Re: Can Podcast Feed setups be exported and re-imported?
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 09:53:04 am »

Thank you Mark, that is exactly what I needed, the location of the podcast setups.
What a time saver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up