INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chinese Fonts  (Read 1259 times)

kuanj

• World Citizen
Chinese Fonts
« on: December 03, 2010, 09:21:33 am »

I used Media Centre 15 to rip albums written in chinese. The album and artist shows "ллÄã иè+¾«Ñ"
 How do I either add chinese fonts or there are setting in Media Centre to do the translation?
My operating system is Windows 7 basic 64 bit.

Kuanj

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Chinese Fonts
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 09:40:56 am »

Unfortunately no.  The text needs to be in unicode in order to be recognized by MC.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

kuanj

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 08:37:30 pm »

WHat fonts (format) is used when I ripped the chinese CD. Can cd be ripped
in unicode format?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 08:21:46 pm »

WHat fonts (format) is used when I ripped the chinese CD. Can cd be ripped
in unicode format?

When a CD is ripped, the music is saved to your hard drive in a format of your choice (such as APE, mp3, FLAC, etc.).   On the other hand, the metadata, such as track name, band name, etc. are obtained from an online source.  That is where the problem is.  The metadata were previously entered by users.  Some software do not use UNICODE.  When metadata created by such software are imported into MC, they can not be displayed correctly.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

horse

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 02:34:01 am »

Kuang,

Not sure what the issue is, however I have artists and track information in my MC music library that is Mandarin since at least MC14.
For example I have artist 齊豫 or Yu Chyi in english and album 齊豫英文個人聲音自傳-敢夢 in my library.
This is all supported by Unicode (UTF-16 in this case and not sure what code page - it is late) but does work.
MC handles it just fine, don't expect all DLNA devices to handle it though as I discovered and John Gateley some years ago from J River help prove.
You can certainly edit the tags if yadb does not provide correct information. I use Windows 7 x64 and Windows 2008 R2 as my main OS's but have just as much work with XP, Vista and OS X in the past. (All US versions, some with added input methods so it works with US keyboards)
Pages: [1]   Go Up