INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about Netflix integration with MC  (Read 1105 times)

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Questions about Netflix integration with MC
« on: December 03, 2010, 01:21:04 pm »

Hello,

First of all, Happy Holidays to the development team at MC!

Are there any plans for improved Netflix integration for MC? MC currently offers Netflix Instant Cue and Search, but it looks like several other platforms (Googletv, appleTV, Roku) offer browsing by genre, detailed instant que management, and full screen viewing.

By comparison, MC seems a bit clumsy in the Theater View mode. I've encountered a couple problems with the current interface:

1. When I adjust the volume using an IR blast to my amplifier via MC remote control, the Netflix browser pops out of full screen and into the browser view. I think this is because the Silverlight program senses a change in the Windows 7 volume level. This becomes a minor annoyance, however, because when I adjust volume from Theater View using the remote from across the room, I get up to hit the letter "f" key on my keyboard across the room.

2. The Instant Cue gets pretty congested when you start adding TV shows. It would be nice to be able to browse this cue more efficiently (by genre, type, or alphabetically.)

If anybody has immediate suggestions/workarounds for these two items, let me know. But further down the road, I think a lot of users might appreciate a more robust integration with the Netflix system, especially seeing as how this service has become one of largest suppliers of online streaming media.

Thank you for your time.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Questions about Netflix integration with MC
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 02:28:39 pm »

We would like to provide tight integration with Netflix, but they have indicated that they can't help.  I think it is probably a movie studio rights problem.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
Re: Questions about Netflix integration with MC
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 04:20:38 pm »

Sorry to hear that this avenue for development hasn't been supported by Netflix/studio rights.

Thanks again for a great program and for the excellent customer support on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Up