INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio Playback  (Read 844 times)

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
Radio Playback
« on: December 04, 2010, 03:53:37 pm »

Good afternoon everyone!

What is the "radio" playback all about. I've tried to use it but can't figure out what it's doing.

Thanks,
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

rick.ca

Re: Radio Playback
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 07:42:18 pm »

Based on an undisclosed algorithm, it's choosing the next track based on what you've listened to (more than half the track) and what you've skipped since starting it. Note it will keep adding new tracks to PN, indicating skipped items by strike-out. So the idea is, it will attempt to learn from your choices and choose something consistent with them.

If you select the command from the main menu (rather than the context menu), you'll see settings for Use the currently selected files as the seed for radio playback, and Edit Radio Files. The first will shorten the "training" process. The second allows you to restrict the files it will select from.

Experimenting with the seeding feature, the algorithm seems to weigh Genre and Year heavily. But who knows. I need a cookie... ;)

pcstockton

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 04:08:42 pm »

Thanks Rick!!!! Most helpful.

I played around with it in Theater View last night. It did a pretty good job.
As the evening progressed I found myself skipping with less frequency.

I will check out playing from the main menu today.

Cheers!!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 03:00:51 am »

I haven't been keeping up to date with the development of the Radio function, but it used to end up playing the same song or album multiple times during a playback session for me...
Pages: [1]   Go Up