INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fade out issue  (Read 805 times)

francisw19

• Recent member
Fade out issue
« on: December 05, 2010, 02:06:49 pm »

Hello,

I have found that when I set the stop mode to fadeout (either Fadeout Slow/normal/fast), when pressing the stop button, the volume fades out as expected.  However, just as the fadeout volume reaches mute, the volume quickly returns to normal I can hear the song again for just a split second.  This doesn't seem right and it's a bit distracting.

I hope this makes sense...if not, I can try to describe it better or get a sound clip.

I am on version 15.0.159 running Windows 7 Home Premium x64.  I am getting sound through my Crosshair IV Formula onboard audio (VIA Envy 24) and have the latest drivers.  For reference, I have also tried using an add-in sound card on the same system (Auzentech X-Fi Forte) and the behavior is the same.

If someone could take a look at this, I would really appreciate it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Fade out issue
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 08:56:07 pm »

What audio output mode are you using in Options > Audio?

Try WASAPI or ASIO ( http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes ) if you're not.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

francisw19

• Recent member
Re: Fade out issue
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 10:16:17 pm »

Thanks for the reply!  :)

With the onboard sound, I just use 'Direct Sound' and it does the issue described.  However, I just tried with WASAPI (interestingly, I didn't know that the motherboard sound chip supports this) and it works just fine.

I suppose I can use this instead...however, I should note the fadeout issue always happens under Direct Sound.

Thanks!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up