INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "This Folder" in nested fields - don't completely understand...  (Read 1391 times)

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
"This Folder" in nested fields - don't completely understand...
« on: December 06, 2010, 01:52:19 am »

Hi,
I finally started tagging my photos in MC.
Using nested fields for Places and Keywords - like Peru\Machu Picchu\Temple of the Sun
Noticed that "This Folder" item is automatically placed under the root.
-- what is the purpose of it?
-- why it's not always created?
I don't understand the logic behind it... if it stands for the root item then why there's no check box in the tagging mode? why it's not always there?
Anyone?
Thanks!
--max

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Re: "This Folder" in nested fields - don't completely understand...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 09:34:44 pm »

It shows up if you have something tagged at one of the parent levels.  So, in your example if you have any photos tagged as just "Peru" then you will see "This Folder" show up.  It is there so you can show just the photos tagged as "Peru" without all the photos with the child tags applied (you would see all of them if you selected the "Peru" tag).

It seems to be a bug that no check box is showing for "This Folder".  The only way you can tag as "Peru" would be to do it before you add the nested children or type it in explicitly in the Tag Window.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 09:41:26 pm »

Thanks!
I understand now..

It shows up if you have something tagged at one of the parent levels.  So, in your example if you have any photos tagged as just "Peru" then you will see "This Folder" show up.  It is there so you can show just the photos tagged as "Peru" without all the photos with the child tags applied (you would see all of them if you selected the "Peru" tag).

It seems to be a bug that no check box is showing for "This Folder".  The only way you can tag as "Peru" would be to do it before you add the nested children or type it in explicitly in the Tag Window.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 05:00:53 am »

i also miss the "root" checkbox in pane tagging..

..but you can drag files (i use that a lot) to the "root tag", but not easy edit, though you can change it in the action window
MT5FR
Pages: [1]   Go Up