INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to remove "non-compatible" files from MC Library?  (Read 1206 times)

rogueblue

• World Citizen
How to remove "non-compatible" files from MC Library?
« on: December 06, 2010, 06:58:52 am »

Often I selected a few new folders of added music & right-click & import into MC.
What seems to happen is MC also imports the files that is not compatible with MC.
So often when I land up playing library files, MC will come to a halt and display a message similar to "This file is not compatible with MC".
How can I easily fine and remove these incompatible files in my HUGE MC Library, without having to go through every single folder and file in the library?

TIA

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to remove "non-compatible" files from MC Library?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 08:02:54 am »

Make a new View scheme. For instance under Documents. I don't use it for other things than clean up anyway.
In this view scheme make sure to add documents, video and music. Then select files to show. There you can include the extensions you know you can't use in MC.

You COULD also limit what is shown in the Video, Audio and Documents view in this way as well. Just edit the view and exclude those files. This will be more effective in the long run I think. I think there might be a way to exclude the files from getting imported in the first place
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

rogueblue

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 08:09:53 am »

I think there might be a way to exclude the files from getting imported in the first place

Thanks MrH
I'll try the second solution 1st to try and clear them out, but I hope there is as you say "...a way to exclude the files from getting imported in the first place"
Rather prevention than cure :)

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 08:18:24 am »

Try to deselect some file associations as a starter. You'll find it under Tools - Options - File Types. Select everything you never use in MC. Hold in CTRL button while clicking, and then hit the File Association check mark until it's not selected. I'm not sure if this will exclude the files under import though.

If it does not work, then go to File - Library - Import - Select "Import Single Folder". De-select the file types you don't want to import. Perhaps the next time you right click the folders and import, MC will remember this settings?

As a third option you can always use the Auto-Import option. Select the whole disk your using (?), and then de-selecting the files you don't want in the library. The auto import feature is rather quick.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 09:22:21 am »

Rather prevention than cure.

Actually a cure would be to make the files compatible.

What is the format that imports but does not work? Is it audio or video? What is the filename extension (or extensions if more than one)?

Are the files DRM protected? If not, perhaps installing a suitable decoder filter would help.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up