INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I get rid of real player as the default RAM player.  (Read 885 times)

hickok

• Recent member
How do I get rid of real player as the default RAM player.
« on: June 14, 2002, 05:54:33 pm »

While media jukebox will play back a real player stream or RAM file Real player one pops up every time I select a internet ram or real audio stream. Real player informs me that at all time real play will cancel any defualt setting for its proprietary files. Is there a work around? It is a pain to get media player to capture a site and put it in a play list if real player is playing the file.

gvag

RE:How do I get rid of real player as the default RAM player.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2002, 11:23:20 pm »

Try Settings/File Associations and make sure the Always Take Control of File of file types box is checked, this may help.  In general I try to avoid clicking on anything that is associated with Real Media its a very intrusive program, a germ in my opinion.

What OS are you running?  In 98 SE I had to go in an edit the registry to get rid of Real on my system.  Try Start/Run/MSConfig and check out the files listed on the Startup tab.  If you see an item "TkBell" listed then uncheck it and do a registry search for "-Run", no quotes and delete that key.  Make sure you do a registry backup first, though.

Hope this helps.

ciggieoxo

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2002, 03:17:07 am »

I'm with TED! What Ted! wrote is also my problem in playing Real's native formats. I don't want to get rid of Real (didn't I read somewhere that MJ needed Real to play its formats?)

So how do we play Real's format using Media Jukebox??? I have instructed Real to not do a coup d'état (use or recover) file types. I told MJ to play all format and to take control by never relinqishing any music formats. I am new toMJ so did I miss something?

TURBO

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2002, 05:03:42 am »

Just go My computer/tools/folder options/file types/ and look for the extention name and disassociate from whatever program and associate it to MJ only. Be careful. Associations are critical.

scub

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2002, 08:33:48 am »

I had the same problem the only way I could get MJ to open Real files is to uninstall Real and install an older version.  There is not way that I know of to use the newer version of Real with MJ playing Real files becasue Real insists on always taking control.  I've tried Registry hacks but no no avail.

Here is the link to the old player page get it while you can.

http://proforma.real.com/real/player/blackjack.html

zevele1

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2002, 11:18:50 am »

If you use realone there is no way to set Media Jukebox to open real files

But to use realone is just a strange idea
With RealPlayer 8,you have less problems

most of the real files will play inside Media Jukebox.But it is just that realplayer opens inside Media Jukebox.If you click inside the screen,you get the real settings,not the Media Jukebox

Listening to: 'Toujours le premier' from 'Pourquoi tant d'amour?' by 'Komintern sect' on Media Jukebox

hickok

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2002, 10:12:14 pm »

Thanks to everbody who responded to my Real problem. I uninstalled real player  one than downloaded real player 8 and installed it. I than selected during install the option that stops real player from grabing real files. I then went to the perferances  on the real player menu and turned off "Start Center". Real player is now behaving its self.
Pages: [1]   Go Up