INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: transcoding to WD TV live  (Read 1291 times)

rjeeves33

• Recent member
transcoding to WD TV live
« on: December 10, 2010, 02:05:56 pm »

hi
running build 15.0.163 with the WD TV live and having the following problems

Files that are not supported do not appear to be transcoded. Apple lossless audio files results in error on the WD, as do MKV 264 files that the WD does not natively support.when I try to watch and unsupported video file I see a large black screen with the text "the server is preparing a file, please wait a few minutes"all very similar. The file does not start however

under options for media network I have a single generic DLNA profile would allow sharing your media .... Ticked.

would love to know what options I have to get this work in

EDIT:  Tried to watch unsupported video on ipad also and got the same message about server preparing, wait a few minutes. I notice in task manager the ffmpeg.exe launches and appears to be doing something - using about 40% of processor. In Options > Median Network  >Ticked:Support Video Content, Conversion:Convert unsupported formats, Encoder:Tried all MPEG Stream, low, medium high. I am on Win 7 x64

Rob

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: transcoding to WD TV live
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 04:01:57 pm »

I think your MKV's will play natively if in the options for your Generic DLNA server, you change "convert when necessary" to "never convert" for video.
The apple lossless should play if you have audio set to "convert when necessary" and have the dcbasssource filter set installed and you have the "jriver audio engine" not quicktime selected for aac file type playback in options.

rjeeves33

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 02:24:28 pm »

Hey Bob

Thanks, I made the video change and the mkv file played on WDTV. Great.
Could not get apple lossles to work (it works on the PC) on WDTV. I only have few albums and am happy to re rip in flac

Cheers

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 03:26:40 pm »

Hey Bob

Thanks, I made the video change and the mkv file played on WDTV. Great.
good news!
Could not get apple lossles to work (it works on the PC) on WDTV. I only have few albums and am happy to re rip in flac
Cheers
I can't get apple lossless to fail here. I'm testing on an XP machine 32 bit and a Win7 machine 64 bit. My test file's extension is .m4a. I let itunes make the file. Not sure why yours doesn't work. Perhaps the dcbasssource filter can't play it for some reason...
Pages: [1]   Go Up