INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Touch Screen skin  (Read 5936 times)

PNCD1

• Recent member
Touch Screen skin
« on: December 13, 2010, 12:30:10 pm »

I use a large touch screen as my interface for finding, selecting and playing music.
I search and license many applications looking for the best combination of sound, features, and design.
MC 15 is over-functioned for me, but it is fully bit transparent with my Weiss DAC202 - yay.  The problem is a fiddly and busy user interface that does not suit fingers.
Is it possible for me to sponsor someone to build a skin similar to Album Player that works well with a touch screen?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Touch Screen skin
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 12:33:18 pm »

Are you using Theater View?  Press F11 a couple of times.  Or try Ctrl-1, 2, etc.

In Theater View, try the skin called Obsidian Touch Screen.

PNCD1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 03:49:16 am »

Yes, I have the Theater/Obsidian set up.
In many ways it is great: attractive, kinetic flow, etc.
In other ways it seems lacking to me: no playlists, no alphabet grouping and I find the kinetic flow to be unpredictable in terms of response.
It may be better suited as a 10' interface than a touch screen one?
Everything with MC 15 is fine.  I am just trying to mold it to what I want and how I use it: a dedicated touch screen audio jukebox.

Audionut

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 07:05:39 am »

I also use a nice touchscreen to control MC and would agree that there are a few things that could still be improved. But the essential one in a big library is the alphabet grouping and it can be done easily! You just need to configure for example the Artist view (settings / options / Theatre View) by adding another level and enable the grouping (just tick the option and select the number), 1 would give you A, B, C, D, a value of 3 can be nice with small collections it would give you A-C, D-F, ...

Joerg

Facel

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 09:19:28 am »

+1

Everybody using a touch screen is 100% agree with you.

I would also love scrolling through album arts like on an a Ipad !! (If I try such a scrol 8 times over 10 I open the first album touch by my finger)
I precise that I my mitten are taken off !!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up