INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem streaming to Airport Express  (Read 3181 times)

yoyoc

• World Citizen
problem streaming to Airport Express
« on: December 10, 2010, 08:19:18 am »

I have setup MC15, latest build on 2 PC running win7.  My wireless network uses a Dlink DIR-655 N router.

I purchased an Airport Express (AX) which  is setup to hookup to the wireless network and Air upnp utility is installed on both pc's.

The thing is that even though AX sees the network and the router utility shows the AX with an IP address assigned.

Notwithstanding on windows network the AX is showing for brief time and disappears the I can no longer see it on MC15 and stream to it.

Another thing is that sometimes when it shows up in MC15 it shows 2 times in the Playing NOW LIST as if AX IP were the same as the other PC and another instance with the correct IP.

As others are using AX successfully to stream audio, Anyone has an idea on how to fix this?

Thanks ?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: problem streaming to Airport Express
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 09:19:35 am »

The AX is returning an error that causes it to be removed from the zone list (now playing). It's possible that the next build (>=15.0.166) will help since it will not automatically remove the zone on the first error. After that one becomes available, can you try it and report back? Thanks!

yoyoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 10:05:45 am »

Great.

Thanks for the prompt reply.  What is 166 eta?

also what about the IP issue seeing the same device as 2 with multi IPs??

actually the PC also show up as multiple devices on the networks manager, one as ordinar
y playback device and another as DLNA device. ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 10:16:59 am »

It's not public yet, but you can try this build:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150166.exe

yoyoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 10:24:00 am »

I will thanks 8)

yoyoc

• World Citizen
Re: problem streaming to Airport Express..... ....
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 11:01:09 am »

:-[  My sad face.

Tried it.  Installed it on the 2 pcs. The airport showed again for a a minute and then gone again.

Let me know if you want me to try anything else.  I am choosing to link the two pcs on regular library not as dlna library.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 02:09:21 pm »

I've done some reading and I don't think the AX is DLNA compliant. It may implement some uPnP functionality but it looks like it's mainly setup to use Apple's proprietary protocol.

yoyoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 02:32:19 pm »

Dont doubt that its made to run with itunes, like all apple stuff.  They dont like to play with others.

Other MC users report actually doing the same as I and having success with it, including the computer audiophile, who is an avid MC user.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/Let-Music-Fly-JRiver-Media-Center-15.

That why I keep attempting that way.

Anyhow, another alternative would be the MC ID device.  whats up with that? any eta?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 04:12:29 pm »

Dont doubt that its made to run with itunes, like all apple stuff.  They dont like to play with others.

Other MC users report actually doing the same as I and having success with it, including the computer audiophile, who is an avid MC user.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/Let-Music-Fly-JRiver-Media-Center-15.

That why I keep attempting that way.
Oh, that's cool!
What's your configuration? Where is the Air uPnP located? Same PC as MC? Do you have bonjour installed on it? There aren't any routers in between are there? Sounds like Air uPnP is not being actively developed but it still may work.

Anyhow, another alternative would be the MC ID device.  whats up with that? any eta?
Not sure, I have to pass that off to Jim...

yoyoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 06:57:43 am »

Air Upnp is installed is installed on both PC as is MC, My wireless network uses a Dlink DIR-655 N router.

Your post got me thinking, the Bonjour I have is the one that Air Upnp installs.  I will install the newest version and try again.

yoyoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 03:02:42 pm »

No dice.

Still not working.   :-\

Anybody using this which might shed some light pursuant to either the Airport Express settings and or the router and pc settings.

yoyoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 03:29:57 pm »

I went into the services report and the error reported which is causing the removal from the now playing is

"Client application bug: DNSServiceResolve(Theater\032Media\032Center._airport._tcp.local.) active for over two minutes. This places considerable burden on the network."

Any idea on how to solve the matter.   ?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 03:33:56 pm »

I went into the services report and the error reported which is causing the removal from the now playing is

"Client application bug: DNSServiceResolve(Theater\032Media\032Center._airport._tcp.local.) active for over two minutes. This places considerable burden on the network."

Any idea on how to solve the matter.   ?
Interesting. I did see comments on that forum about there being a problem with broadcasts multiplying out of control. It was near the end of the posts where they finally said they were not supporting Air UPnP any more. Where exactly did you see the DNSServiceResolve message?

yoyoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 08:54:50 pm »

I saw the messsage report in the services report utility at the control panel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up