INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo + Android OS + Bluetooth audio - seamless integration - how ?  (Read 1211 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I am interested in setting up Gizmo to work seamlessly with car bluetooth audio with my Android device (HTC EVO running Android 2.2). My vehicle supports Bluetooth Audio - which I love. I would like to set it up for the following usage model.

• Whenever I turn on the car, Gizmo should continue to playing from where it had paused the last time. Without me having to take my phone out of jacket pocket.
  • When I turn off the car, Gizmo should pause whatever it was playing. To be continued when I am in the car next.

This *almost* works - except that this works with the Android's stock music player. I believe, upon turning the car on, bluetooth audio sends a Play command to the device. The android OS decides to interpret it as start the stock music player and start resuming the mp3 that was paused before.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how I could instruct Android OS to choose Gizmo as the "default" audio application to send the Play command. Does anyone here have any experience on how this can be done?

Also, can Gizmo, detect BT-audio connection and do this automatically on its own? I can delete all mp3s on the phone so the stock music player won't have anything to play but that will not solve the issue if Gizmo does not automatically start playing.

Thanks,
Osho
Pages: [1]   Go Up