INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help With HTPC Sound - worried about theater speakers...Cracks and pops  (Read 2810 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

I finally figured out why my voices in all my movies were so low when there was loud scenes, and why my reciever NEVER said digital audio. i had sound in jriver on direct sound. After switching it to WASAPI it now says digital and i can finally hear the voices over the music, bombs loud parts etc.. but one big problem. my speakers are popping bad and it's very inconsistent. any ideas guys what may be happening? im worried i'll wreck my speakers.

My motherboard is ASUS P5QPL-VM EPU and im using the on board sound. The SPDIF out into my reciever.
In jriver i tried choosing ASIO as wiki suggests but when doing so. after going to output mode settings under device it says NO ASIO devices detected. and when i play a movie the popping and cracks go away but the receiver does not go into Digital mode.

Any tips please on setting up my audio properly for my mobo sound and my receiver? I'm so happy i can hear voices over the rest of movie, i just need to figure out how to make it digital without getting this popping, crackiling.

Thanks

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help With HTPC Sound - worried about theater speakers...Cracks and pops
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 11:20:33 am »

Have you tried to raise the WASAPI buffer, maybe just in the EVENT mode version.

I vaguely remember having issues with WASAPI for video, when choosing "same device as for audio" but I think it was resolved.

I replaced my TV and rebuilt my system so I'm still dialing in the video playback...but will try to iron it out this weekend.

MrMoto

• Recent member

Your problem sounds a bit like the one I had at first: I would get cracking an poping sounds with MC and external DAC. The problem turned out to be caused by sound card related software that was preinstalled on my laptop and running in the background.

Hope this helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up