INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Latest tag 'auto-complete' functionality give and take  (Read 751 times)

kewe65

• World Citizen
Latest tag 'auto-complete' functionality give and take
« on: December 17, 2010, 12:55:33 pm »

This probably happened a few releases ago, but am just commenting on it now.

Previous behavior: If i started to type text into a field, once i typed enough letters that the list filtered down to the one i wanted, it would immediately preselect it in the field and i could just hit tab

Current behavior: when i type a few letters it wisely shows me all the options that match those few letters in the drop-down (the give part), but when i get to enough letters to match only the one, i cannot hit tab and move on.  if i do hit tab, it just adds that truncated entry as though thats what i wanted.  i have to explicitly select it with the scroll button or mouse anyway in the drop-down and then hit tab (the take part).

A bit nitpicky, yes, but the previous behavior saved keystrokes.

thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Latest tag 'auto-complete' functionality give and take
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 03:46:23 pm »

You can also use Shift+Enter to accept the first suggestion, and then use Tab or Shift+Tab to navigate.

There was a lot of back-and-forth while creating the new suggestion system, and the general consensus from users was that they did not like suggestions that were too intrusive.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up