INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error -- Failed to create time shifting file  (Read 1863 times)

slowdown5646

• Recent member
Error -- Failed to create time shifting file
« on: December 20, 2010, 04:13:28 am »

So I'm having a few issues with the program. Firstly, every time I try to change and save options, an error comes up that says "Failed to create time shifting file", and some more stuff after that. The name of the error is "Disk Write Error", and I am always redirected to the Television tab. I have no clue why this is happening, but maybe it's related to the fact I'm using Windows 7 on a Macbook Pro?

Next issue is that I accidentally changed the language of the program. I switched it back to English, but some of the Chinese is still there and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Lastly is a minor sorting issue. I want to use the album viewing tab to view my music, but sorting by artist. Basically it's like a certain view in iTunes I want. However, every time I try to sort by artist, it just groups the albums together again, which I don't want. It'd also be great if the artist's name showed up under the album if possible.

jcr102

Re: Some problems...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 03:11:44 pm »

I have a similar issue.  When I go to change something in Options, I get this message:  Failed to create time-shifting file.  Error:  The system cannot find the path specified.  Code-0x800700003  Please make sure you have write access to dsk drive C:/ and that you have enough space on the drive.

First of all, I wasn't trying to do anything with time-shifting--I don't use it.  As for drive C, there's lots of space on it.  I still have MC 14 installed and I don't have a problem in changing it's Options.  Any ideas for dealing with this would be appreciated.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Some problems...
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 04:24:37 pm »

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for uncovering a bug which I will fix soon.

Meanwhile, go to Options and select Television and check the what is in "Folder for recording and time-shifting files".  It is by default "<your video folder>\JRiver\TV Recordings".  You need to manually create that folder structure in order to avoid that error.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up