INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vorbis Tags  (Read 1569 times)

PNCD1

• Recent member
Vorbis Tags
« on: December 20, 2010, 09:43:43 am »

Is there any way in MC 15 to manage the mapping of Vorbis Tags to MC data elements?
In particular, I have multiple Vorbis tags being used for Album Artist.
I would like to Assign SOURCEMEDIA to an MC field.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Vorbis Tags
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 02:02:14 pm »

You cannot change the few existing predefined mappings.

Regarding "Album Artist", the tagger has been designed to read ALBUM ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST and write both to maximize compatibility with other implementations (both variants are commonly used).

From the change log:
15.0.99 (8/20/2010)

10. Changed: Ogg and flac tags map database PUBLISHER to ORGANIZATION, database ORGANIZATION (if existing) to JR_ORGANIZATION, and if there's an ALBUM ARTIST write it out as both ALBUM ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST. Read either, ALBUM ARTIST preferentially.

To read and write a SOURCEMEDIA Vorbis comment you can simply create a "Sourcemedia" library field.
(Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Manage Library Fields > Add New Field... Tick the "Store in file tags (when possible)" setting in the field specific options if you want to write tag changes to the files.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

PNCD1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 11:58:11 am »

Alex

Regarding SOURCEMEDIA.  I was not clear - this is a Vorbis tag that I use now and wish to have it read and displayed by MC.
I use it to indicate whether the tracks come from a CD, SACD or HiRes source.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 12:10:37 pm »

I don't think I misunderstood. You can create a custom (aka user) library field that is named SOURCEMEDIA (or "Sourcemedia" if you prefer - the capitalization does not matter) and MC will read and write a SOURCEMEDIA Vorbis tag (the Vorbis developers use the term "Vorbis comment", but it is the same thing).

If the files are already listed inside the library you will need to update the library data. Select the files and do: right-click > Library Tools > Update Library (from tags).

EDIT

Once you have created a new library field you can change the displayed name without affecting the file tag mapping. Here is an example:

In the screenshot I have created a Sourcemedia field and changed the displayed name to Source Media. Inside MC the displayed header will be Source Media. MC will still continue to read and write the Sourcemedia file tag.

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

vagskal

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 02:53:13 am »

In particular, I have multiple Vorbis tags being used for Album Artist.

MC cannot handle multiple Vorbis comments with the same name, i.e. two or more separate comments named "album artist" in one file. See the wiki for a workaround: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Different_Audio_Formats_In_MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up