INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: remove MJ8 & do new download??  (Read 1061 times)

kthln

remove MJ8 & do new download??
« on: June 13, 2002, 07:52:57 am »

My upgrade to MJ8 is irreparable--totally crashes.  If I uninstall it completely and then do a new download as if a new customer starting fresh with MJ8, can I use my back-up license registration or do I pay another $25?
Also why am I not recognized when I do check on my registration with MJ8?

AlonsoN

RE:remove MJ8 & do new download??
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2002, 09:09:57 am »

Presuming you have a v8 licence you can recover it on the MJ website.  Go to the Buy FAQ for details:

http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/buy_faq.html

You don't owe another $25 because of MJ's generous licence policies (6 recoveries a year) When you recieve a licence, back it up and you can use it to re-register the machine for two weeks in case of more problems before having to go the the site for another recovery.

If your name is not in the registration you may not have properly registered.  

What kind of problems are you having, details please, and we all will be able to help.

kthln

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2002, 10:35:43 am »

previously posted problems to no avail with the suggestions.  MJ 7 worked beautifully, no problems.  Downloaded 8.0 and my whole system crashes when the burn cd process gets to to the writing process.  I've tried different option settings etc.(generic driver, digital buffer,etc.)  have aspi on my system.  i change settings and when it crashes and i bring it back up, all settings are changed???
only thing I can think of is to start from scratch.  I've checked license reg. with me e-mail given and I cannot be found, although I still have me e-mail confirmation from my purchase.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2002, 10:53:10 am »

Are you running as the same user that you were when you installed it?
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

AlonsoN

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2002, 11:02:44 am »

Licence: I think the thing to do is email gatley@jriver.com

Burning: I had similar issues with buring in v8.  v7 worked just fine, v8 BSOD.  JohnT worked with me to come up with the work around.  In my case (NT4, btw) the generic driver was the problem.  You could try downloading the CDRWIN burner http://www.goldenhawk.com/ which uses the Golden Hawk driver exclusivly and see if it works w/o problems.  Unregistered will burn at like 2x

Also it would help if you posted your licence and burner problems in seperate threads and used a descriptive subject.  You might try addressing the burner problem to JohnT.

A clean install would prolly be a good place to start.  Don't forget to backup your library.

kthln

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2002, 12:10:09 pm »

I have changed internet services from dial-up to cable, but never changed any user info with MJ8 from when I registered.
I previously posted problem, JRiver did reply but must've given up when nothing seemed to fix the problem from the suggestions given.  I posted under MJ8 crashes system, same nickname.
I really would just like to get to the point where it worked with MJ7 without a bunch of other downloads etc.
Probably will go with the complete uninstall and re-download right from the MJ8 version.  Don't know what else to do, will wait for suggestions!!

Chris H.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2002, 03:20:17 am »

If you can get MJ8 to run at all, DO click on Backup License before you unistall; it's under Help.  Save it to a floppy or CD for safe keeping.
Pages: [1]   Go Up