INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Various artists  (Read 641 times)

Rudy

Various artists
« on: June 13, 2002, 05:45:23 am »

Doing a search, I found a few old mentions on handling various artists in the database. Also saw a mention that v.8 was going to handle this better than 7. Didn't really use 7, so I'm not sure what the shortcomings were then - is it better using v.8?

What I've been used to is, in the previous manager I was using there was a fixed list called Various Artists - any entries where the album had the same name, but there was a difference in the artist name, showed here, by album. There was also an option to set a minimum number of mp3s to show in the artist/album library, so you wouldn't see entries with just one song, but still pick them up in the various artist view. How's anyone dealing with it now?

thx

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
RE:Various artists
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2002, 05:59:22 am »

AlbumView (on the plugin page) allows you to:

1)  Set the number of tracks for an album before it's shown
2)  Define an exclusion list so you can exclude particular artists/albums with wilcards
3)  Albums with the same name but different artists are shwon as ( ... but I thought MJ already did this?

Check it out and see if it help you.

Rudy

RE:Various artists
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2002, 12:17:31 am »

Thanks Rhino.

Album view is pretty close. MJ already does this by Album/Artist, but in the Album View plug in, at the top of the album list, there is an unassigned and various entry, which is pretty much what I was looking for. Click on various and see your various artist collections. I'd love to know how to do this in MJ tho.

thx again
Pages: [1]   Go Up