INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo 2 - often stops playing a track and/or fails to start playing a track  (Read 1797 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I have had this issue with Gizmo 2 for a while. Sometimes, I will start playing a track and it will look like Gizmo is trying to play it but will fail to actually start playing. It will just come to a screen which says Resume.

This also often in the middle of playing back some tracks. The track will quit playing randomly in the middle of a song and will not finish that track. When this happens, it would either advance to the next track or will just stop playing and will come to the screen which says Resume.

Thanks,
Osho

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I have had this issue with Gizmo 2 for a while. Sometimes, I will start playing a track and it will look like Gizmo is trying to play it but will fail to actually start playing. It will just come to a screen which says Resume.

This also often in the middle of playing back some tracks. The track will quit playing randomly in the middle of a song and will not finish that track. When this happens, it would either advance to the next track or will just stop playing and will come to the screen which says Resume.

Make sure you have the latest MC (169) and the latest Gizmo.

Osho

• MC Beta Team

Make sure you have the latest MC (169) and the latest Gizmo.

I was on 167 and latest Gizmo. I upgraded to 169 MC15.

It does seem to happen less often but I have still seen it happen at least once in the 10-15 times that I tried.

Thanks,
Osho

JimH

• Administrator

Are you using a wireless LAN connection or a cell phone connection?

Is it a strong connection?

Osho

• MC Beta Team

Are you using a wireless LAN connection or a cell phone connection?

Is it a strong connection?

I have seen it with strong wireless lan connection.

Osho

JimH

• Administrator

Try the latest build of each.  There was a similar problem that is fixed.

Osho

• MC Beta Team

Try the latest build of each.  There was a similar problem that is fixed.

This happened again (Gizmo skipped track) yesterday when I was driving. I had a 4G signal at the time -  it then played the next 2 tracks just fine without any issues before I reached my destination. I have MC15 .171 at Server and the Gizmo is updated to latest from Android Market. I am running Android 2.2 (official one from Sprint without any rooting etc.) on HTC EVO 4G.

Osho
Pages: [1]   Go Up