INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New User / Mixed up and missing tags  (Read 838 times)

isanidiot

New User / Mixed up and missing tags
« on: December 23, 2010, 12:41:30 pm »

I am going through the JR evaluation period and I have just about decided to buy the license, but. . . I have had some problems getting started and I'm looking for some advice.  Presently, I have 15.0.167 but I started with 15.0.14(something).

I've been using iTunes for over a year.  My music library consists mostly of .aif files which have been extensively tagged.  Virtually every file is tagged with its own artwork.

1. When I import my library almost none of the artwork shows up.  In neither Artist or Album display.  Also, some of the other tags are mixed up.  The year the track was recorded, on a significant number of tracks appears in the "Track #" field and the Year field is blank. 

2.  When I try to import the art from the internet, I can get the art, have it appear in all the right places and as soon as I click on anything else, the art disappears.  I have not been able to find a work around.  However, very infrequently, the art will stay where I put it.  I can't find a reason for the few that remain.

3.  Is there a way to simply paste art into the MC?

Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New User / Mixed up and missing tags
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 01:06:33 pm »

Welcome to Interact.

What happens if you try converting a few to FLAC or APE?  There's nothing lost in trying.

This may help:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WAV_%26_AIFF_Tagging

You can paste by opening the tag window, then clicking on the cover.  Right click for options.

isanidiot

Re: New User / Mixed up and missing tags
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 12:23:14 pm »

Thank you for the quick response.  I just tried converting some .aif files to .flac (both highly compressed and minimally compressed) and to .wav files.  In each case when the new files are imported there are even less tags than when I import the .aif files.  The information on .aif tagging did help.  After throwing that switch I can now download internet art and it stays where its put.  I'm also able to now paste art where I have the art work in its own file. 

On another subject:  Why was my username changed unilaterally? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up