INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem (??) with Shuffle Play  (Read 855 times)

gtp600

• Recent member
Problem (??) with Shuffle Play
« on: December 26, 2010, 01:33:45 pm »

Running MC 15.0.171.
I'm accessing my music library thru Theater mode.
Shuffle Mode is set to Automatic.
I have the following selection items displayed for Audio: Genre, Artists, Albums, Recent Album

If I select an album by going thru the "Recent Albums", highlighting the album and hitting "Play", it always plays the album in shuffled mode, in the exact same shuffled sequence. This happens for any album I select in "Recent Albums". It happens even if I change the Shuffle Mode to "Off".

If I select the same album by going thru the Genre, Artist, or Album list structures instead, it plays the album in sequential mode as I expected.

Is there a parameter setting I missing that is somehow specific to "Recent Albums"?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Problem (??) with Shuffle Play
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 07:21:02 pm »

Automatic Shuffle mode doesn't shuffle a single album.

I think instead, it's playing the files sorted by 'Date Imported'

To fix this, in Options > Theater View, customize the 'Recent Albums' view and click 'Set rules for file display...' and add a sorting like 'Track #'.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gtp600

• Recent member
Re: Problem (??) with Shuffle Play
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 10:26:27 am »

Thanks Matt. 

I did have a rule setup for Recent Albums to include "Date Created is within the last 60 days". I noticed however, that in the "Modify Results" area, the "Sort By" modifier was selected, with nothing specified in the adjacent box to the right. I changed the modifier to "No Modification" and that seemed to fix the problem. Single albums selected from Recent Albums area now play in track sequence. 

Does this make sense?

Pages: [1]   Go Up