INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LS client TV recording confirmation  (Read 1349 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
LS client TV recording confirmation
« on: December 27, 2010, 04:38:27 pm »

I had an issue yesterday hen setting a couple of TV recordings from a library server client.

The client scheduked them and they wre showing as if they ere goign t record, so I closed the client and thought all was well.

The next day when I went to watch the recordings, they weren't recorded!

It seems that the recordings weren't sync'd to the server.

So I tested this again with some new recordings and they sync'd in real time fine.

I can only assume for some reason th client was unable to sync its changes when I was setting up the recordings, so just did them in the local library.

If this is the case then I think we need some sort of real time warning on a LS client if it is unable to sync the records/subscriptins to the server so that users know that the server has not received the requests and that they should try again.

Thanks
Richard

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
Re: LS client TV recording confirmation
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 04:43:50 pm »

I have had the problem again today.

MC 15.171 on client and server.

I scheduled several programs to record tonight onthe LS client and then when I checked on the server NONE of them had been scheduled.

I even did a manual sync from the client and they still didn't schedule.

Here is a log of me scheduling two recordings, neither have appeared in the log at all!

Richard

chirpp

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 05:03:08 pm »

I just tried this as well, 15.171 and it appears on the client end but not on the server end. I tried to close client then server end and that did not make a difference either.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 05:07:57 pm »

Hmm,

Maybe there has been a bug introduced in recent builds as it all used to work perfectly a few builds ago....

Having said that, mine is working fine today from the cleint, hence the reason we need some form of warning when the schedules aren't getting to the server.

R

EDIT:  Well is was sort of working, the recordings were sceduled, but when I cancelled them on the client they weren't cancelled on the server.

Running .171 on client and server.

chirpp

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 05:22:46 pm »

I am not sure if mine is the same problem, but it may be.

I decided to test using older versions.  While doing it I found that using any version on a local client and server worked ok. It fails when I am remote coming in through the firewall and adding recordings. (For example, submitting from my work)

I loaded the same version on the remote client and the server. 15.122, 15.130, 15.136 were all ok, then 15.142 failed.   

I then decided to load a good version on the remote client (136) and keep the 'bad" version on the server, and it worked!

I have now gone back to running 15.171 on the server and 15.136 on my remote client that comes in via the FW.  It submits ok.

Now, I never waited for some of these to actually record, but I assume my tests were valid in that I always checked the server side and saw the recordings in the "To Be Recorded" area.

Hopefully this helps!

Pages: [1]   Go Up