INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem :Sorting by Album Split one ablum into two (now11! attached sample link)  (Read 12164 times)

lei_ieong

• Recent member

My MC15 make me so confused these days.the problem is:

in the album thumbnail view , I choose to display my albums by "sorting by album",however , some Album with the same album name , same artist name ,will be displayed into two albums( still the same album name and artist name ), in my understanding , it should only display one album but not two .

By the way , I have even tried to use some tag editor to modified the album track tags to for sure the album name , genre , artist , composer of those tracks are same to eachother , but the problem(show one album into two thumbnails) still maintained ..

how could I solve this problem ? any one could help ?

thanks

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem :Sorting by Album Split one ablum into two
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 04:11:09 am »

There are 2 artist tags
Album Artist and Artist
See to it that Album Title and Album Artist are the same

lei_ieong

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 10:22:53 pm »

There are 2 artist tags
Album Artist and Artist
See to it that Album Title and Album Artist are the same

All the same , I even try to clear the tag information and input the totally identical info into them , but the result is the same ....

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 04:28:08 am »

The files for every track in the album need to be in the same directory.  If the files are split amongst two directories the album will be split into two pieces even if the title and album artist match up.

ttango

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 12:23:47 pm »

I assume you have mp3 files?  Get an mp3 editor and you will find a sort field and a lot of times some songs sort, last, first but some will be first last.  Just change them there
Most of the media you update via musicbrainz has this problem

lei_ieong

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 12:48:21 pm »

Thank you everyone ,however , I need to say , this problem is so strange .

1. all the files are in the same folder and with identical tags
2. all the files are flac , around 20000+ files, and over 650G
3. only 3 albms amout my collections got this problem , 2 of 3 break into two , the other one break the album into 3 ,but all the files of each single album are in the same folder and with the same tag info (in every field of tags , I'm quiet sure of it , because I have done this for over 300 albums)
4.I have tried the same album and same files in foobar , no such problems happened,all the files displayed in the same album well
5.I think may be this is a small potential bug of mc15 when the album capacity are over a certain amount ,Happy new year!!!!

rick.ca

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 05:04:35 pm »

What are the contents of [Artist Album] for that album? Are all the values null or the same?

lei_ieong

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 11:46:41 pm »

What are the contents of [Artist Album] for that album? Are all the values null or the same?

YES

rick.ca

Re: Problem :Sorting by Album Split one album into two
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 01:14:50 am »

Are you sure? Even an extra space in [Album] or a space alone entered into [Album Artist] will cause a track to be separated from it's album. The attached screen shot illustrates how that's possible. To be sure this is not the case, select all tracks that belong in one album, and...

• Edit [Album] so all the values are the same
  • Edit [Album Artist] to delete all values—to ensure there are no invisible spaces
  • Refresh—to regroup the album

lei_ieong

• Recent member
Re: Problem :Sorting by Album Split one album into two
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 03:24:39 am »

Thank you so much!!! However,what I did is :
1.use tag editor to clear all the tag information of those 3 albums except the name field
2.tape the [album] and the [artists] field only with the identical information
3.Therefore , except [album] ,[artists] and [name] field all the other field are NULL

and I checked again , those field you mentioned are null and totally identical

really confused

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 04:26:10 am »

There is a way to inspect your library data and find out what is causing the problem.

Load all three albums to Playing Now or to a new playlist (i.e. all files that should normally be included in these albums, but no other files).

When the Playing Now list or the new playlist is visible, export the file list in the MPL format (MPL contains all library field values): File > Export Playlist... (Tick the "MPL Playlist" and "Output Range: All" options. Don't tick the "Store paths relative to exported playlist location" option.)

Store the resulting file in a zip package (to avoid changing it anyhow) and upload it to some file hosting service (e.g. to a free service like www.rapidshare.com or www.megaupload.com). Post the link here.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

lei_ieong

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 07:27:24 pm »

Thank you for all of your help , I believe the problem has been solved partially.I believe the root cause may come from the program itself ,the importing programming , internally.

I have two computer at home, and I download a trial version mc15 online and install it on the other computer of my home and import the same source (one directory of my nas) to build up the database of mc ,I found that the result are almost same but :

1. 2 of 3 album which are split before are okay now , the rest one split into 2 (before is 3) 
2. some "long name" files could not be imported into the new one , but it is okay in the previous one
3. some cover could not be catched automatically in the new one and I need to build it up mannully
4. the most strange one is some of my song's name are shortened , like "1. the power of love " will be shortened to  "the power of love", I think the database are confused that "1." is the track no but not a part of my song's name ( I add track no into my name tag since my linn player not recognize the track no well)
5. some covers could not use quick get from file or folder , even the file or folder have that cover jpg file .

therefore , I guess there should be some calculations or systematic bugs in the importing machnism of mc15 for a large amout of importing .

lei_ieong

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 10:04:58 am »

Today I have a album , and mc15 break it into 11! really a extremely sample and I attach the pic here , pls mc developers really look deeper into this problem , it really not acceptable, I just attached the screen copy and the mp3tag(html) enclosed

http://uploading.com/files/m2a323c9/mc15%2Bbreak%2Ba%2Balbum%2Binto%2B11.rar/

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Please send a library backup to matt at jriver dot com that exhibits the grouping problem.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lei_ieong

• Recent member

Please send a library backup to matt at jriver dot com that exhibits the grouping problem.

Thanks.

That's okay , thanks for prompt reply , could you tell me how to maka e library back through mc15? many thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Menu at the top of the program > File > Library > Back Up Library...

lei_ieong

• Recent member

Menu at the top of the program > File > Library > Back Up Library...

The library file sent to you , thanks matt

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Thanks for the library.

The various artists album in question has Artist and Album Artist values swapped.

You should put the real artist (i.e. "John Hammond) in "Artist" and either "VARIOUS ARTISTS" (or nothing to let Media Center do it automatically) in "Album Artist".

lei_ieong

• Recent member

Thanks for the library.

The various artists album in question has Artist and Album Artist values swapped.

You should put the real artist (i.e. "John Hammond) in "Artist" and either "VARIOUS ARTISTS" (or nothing to let Media Center do it automatically) in "Album Artist".

I try to input the artist field of all track as "John"( assume all tracks are the same singer, John) and leave the Album artists blank , but nth changed , still 11, pls advise

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Make sure you're editing inside Media Center.  Show the 'Artist', and 'Album Artist' columns.

Refresh (F5) once you're done with all editing.

lei_ieong

• Recent member

Make sure you're editing inside Media Center.  Show the 'Artist', and 'Album Artist' columns.

Refresh (F5) once you're done with all editing.
Sorry for the late reply , however , pls confident to that I could handel these basic technique.I do believe it is not related to any tag editing .

Perhaps I try to upload some breaked track to you later , may be you could have a better acknoledgement of this problem , thanks matt.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Perhaps I try to upload some breaked track to you later

Feel free to send another library backup.

Thanks.

dziemian

• Recent member

I had the same problem with album split in two parts. I was editing Album and Artist tags to be the same but the problem persisted. Finally I followed an advice here to add Album Artist tag and voila. In the Album Artist tag there was a "jr" added so when I removed it the problem got solved.   I share in case somebody has the same problem and doesnt know what to do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up