INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD cover artwork from file  (Read 1385 times)

yukibarr

• Junior Woodchuck
CD cover artwork from file
« on: December 30, 2010, 09:24:11 am »

Some of my Cd's have a folder.jpg cover art in the album folder and JRiver is set to look for it there. However, MC15 doesn't find some of these coverart images and it's hard to know why because this is the case for some albums and not others. What can I do to get MC15 to recognise all album coverart? I already tried to rebuild thumbnail for these albums but that doesn't help!

The next best alternative would be to make it easier to point MC15 to an album's image file manually. It would be handy if MC would point me to the right folder (rather than go back to the folder opened previously) where the music and cover art are stored when I right click on the album and select cover art from file. Any suggestions?

Fabricio

• Citizen of the Universe
  • No one has patience with me.
Re: CD cover artwork from file
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 11:30:27 am »

Hello,

Some of my Cd's have a folder.jpg cover art in the album folder and JRiver is set to look for it there. However, MC15 doesn't find some of these coverart images and it's hard to know why because this is the case for some albums and not others. What can I do to get MC15 to recognise all album coverart? I already tried to rebuild thumbnail for these albums but that doesn't help!

For me MC not working .jpeg. But .jpg. Is crazy.

... It would be handy if MC would point me to the right folder (rather than go back to the folder opened previously) where the music and cover art are stored when I right click on the album and select cover art from file...

Good idea.

Mp3tag = point me to the right folder where the music and cover art are stored when I right click on the album and select cover art from file.

Fabricio, from Brazil.

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 07:57:41 am »

Remember to check where MC is looking for the files. You can find this option under Tools - Options - File Location - Cover Art.
Default is in a special folder, and if this option is not changes I imagine you would have problem with more than a few albums.

If you have lots of files named *.jpeg I would add it all to playing now, and use the "Rename, Move & Copy Files" tool (right click all the cover art and choose Library Tools and "Rename, Move & Copy Files". There you select Rename, and then enter jpeg in "Find What" and jpg in "Replace With".

To add all this files to MC's playing now initially, you COULD import only images to MC (don't need to have the files in playing now if you do, as it's in the library), or you could for instance user the windows search tool to find all *.jpeg files within the folder structure and throw it into MC Playing Now. 
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 09:19:59 am »

Remember to check where MC is looking for the files. You can find this option under Tools - Options - File Location - Cover Art.
Default is in a special folder, and if this option is not changes I imagine you would have problem with more than a few albums.

If you have lots of files named *.jpeg I would add it all to playing now, and use the "Rename, Move & Copy Files" tool (right click all the cover art and choose Library Tools and "Rename, Move & Copy Files". There you select Rename, and then enter jpeg in "Find What" and jpg in "Replace With".

To add all this files to MC's playing now initially, you COULD import only images to MC (don't need to have the files in playing now if you do, as it's in the library), or you could for instance user the windows search tool to find all *.jpeg files within the folder structure and throw it into MC Playing Now. 

Thanks,

Fabricio, from Brazil

yukibarr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 09:24:37 am »

I set MC15 to look for the cover art jpg file in the specific album folder. I saved cover art images to the relevant album folder and renamed it as folder.jpg. I ran auto import but when MC 15 didn’t find the cover art I selected rebuild thumbnails. Nevertheless, MC15 doesn’t always find it. Any ideas why this is the case and what I can do to rectify it?

Another way to add cover art is by right-clicking and selecting an album to add its cover art from file. Is it possible to direct MC15 to the right folder by default?

MrHaugen

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 10:53:35 am »

Open the display window in the action window position in the bottom left corner and you can directly paste copied links or whole images in the window. That is pretty fast if you have to do it manually. Also be sure you have selected the correct settings under Tools - Options - File Location - Cover Art - Specific Folder. There are 3 choices I think. It SHOULD work all the time if the images is not broken or if they have wrong name or file endings.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up