INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommended Media Structure?  (Read 1158 times)

juice370

• Junior Woodchuck
Recommended Media Structure?
« on: December 31, 2010, 05:54:13 pm »

Hi,

Any help on the following would be really appreciated.

I currently use an iPhone and iTunes and currently have approx 150GB (soon to double in size from imported CD's) of audios in 1 folder: External HD > iTunes > Music. Structure is Artist > Album

I'm ultimately looking to buy MC (and MCi to sync to iTunes) and wish to do the following in as few steps as possible for long term use. Please Note: Like most, I absolutely detest messing about with iTunes and constantly having to find missing songs, etc. I have a business to run so my main brief is to do this once now and set it up for long term use. Fit and Forget!

Step 1: (Music Organisation)

Currently my Music, Personal Dev, Business, etc, are all mixed in the main (iTunes > Music) folder.

Question's: (Taking into consideration that I wish to move over to MC soon and get this right NOW and then mirror the MC playlists into iTunes for my iPhone)

1a) How would you structure this and based on your recommendations what is the best way and fastest way to relocate the new structured files if i move them around into the new sub folders?

Do you have one main audio/music folder with all audios in here (Music > Artist > Album) or do you use sub categories (Audio/Music > Sub Category >  Artist > Album)?

2) Do you do the same for video: (Video) or do you use sub folders for video (Video > Sub Folders)?

Step 2: (MC Set up and Mirror into iTunes)   -   Which option would you go for?

Option 1. Import iTunes playlists as they are now into MC, rearrange (as above) and then Sync (using MCi) back into iTunes in the new MC structure. If i do this, do i need to keep the iTunes Media folder structure?

Option 2. Rearrange in iTunes now, find the files again and then later use MCi to sync into MC. Again do i need to keep the iTunes media folder structure?

Questions:

1) Is it important to keep the iTunes folder structure when mirroring from MC to iTunes for any reason?

2) What is the best/fastest way to relocate the new structured files if i move them around into the new sub folders in iTunes or MC?

Thanks for any help offered.
Ian
Pages: [1]   Go Up