INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Selective music folder from music library  (Read 1335 times)

bgreene16

Selective music folder from music library
« on: January 03, 2011, 09:13:49 am »

Hi all,
Is there any method to select few albums from JR music library and create new separate music folder containing only selected albums. Another words is it possible to consolidate albums (files) thru JR interface like Itunes does?
Thanks in advance.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Selective music folder from music library
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 08:11:33 am »

There's always a way :)

- I pretty certain you could use the Rename, Move and Copy tool in some fancy way, but I have not used it for other things than changing folder structures a bit, or to rename media files my self.
- You can of course group albums or single tracks together in playlists but I guess you want to group different albums or tracks together more physically on the disk right?
- Have you tried to select the albums or tracks you want and simply dragging it to an empty windows folder? It have worked for me for years. Not exactly often I'm doing it tough, so I think there might be a more elegant method.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

bgreene16

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 05:56:44 am »

Thanks for hint, unfortunately when I try to drag album into separate folder I got only files but not a copied folder structure.

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 06:08:04 am »

Thanks for hint, unfortunately when I try to drag album into separate folder I got only files but not a copied folder structure.

if you want the folder, locate the file inside MC and then drag the folder to your new location and choose copy
MT5FR
Pages: [1]   Go Up