INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help from database guru...SOLVED! Thanks!!!  (Read 1235 times)

substrate001

• Recent member
Need help from database guru...SOLVED! Thanks!!!
« on: January 04, 2011, 07:53:20 am »

Hi:

I've purchased MC15, as a xmas present for myself and I'm loving it! I've got a peculiar circumstance while trying to rip a certain cd into my library. The cd is: Drum Nation, Volume 1, Various Artists, Instrumental. It was purchased from Amazon new. I've already ripped Drum Nation II & III with no problems. On DN I however, the info pulled up from the internet is completely wrong. Seems to me it's just a problem with the info contained in whatever database MC15 is grabbing, not MC15 itself.

Can I use a different lookup in MC15, and if yes, how so? Many thanks in advance.

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Need help from database guru...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 08:23:45 am »

I don't think so.  You can either rip it with another app that uses a different database and then import the files into MC or you can manually change the CD data.  (If you do that I would do so before the rip.)

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 08:26:49 am »

That is the only built in music lookup service in MC. There might however be some plugins that you can use to get more correct results.
If it's only the odd album that is tagged incorrectly, or not tagged at all, I would rather look into tagging it manually my self.
After you have tagged it correctly though, be sure to right click the album and upload it to the yabdb  :)
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

substrate001

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 08:59:02 am »

Thanks for both of the quick answers. I will do as you guys say and either rip it and enter info manually before ripping, or try another app, save the rip in a convenient desktop folder and then manually import it into MC15. If the alternative app also provides the wrong info, I will certainly upload the correct info to our DB. Thanks again, Jeff.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 10:34:36 am »

Some use other apps such as EAC to do the track info lookup, and then save the found results into the cdplayer.ini file.  Then, within MC, select your files and import the track info from cdplayer.ini.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

substrate001

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 07:37:49 am »

]SOLVED:

Used EAC to rip into a folder conveniently placed on the desktop. Manually imported folder into MC15. Easy-peasy. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up