INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug ? MC 15 often hangs when using kernel streaming with hiface  (Read 1794 times)

kahandk

Bug ? MC 15 often hangs when using kernel streaming with hiface
« on: January 05, 2011, 06:45:09 am »

Hello all,

I have a problem with my system which often hangs. Sometimes it is enough to kill the MC15 process and start it again. In other situations I have to restart the computer.

I suspect that it is related to kernel streaming since I have not yet experienced the problem if I am using direct sound. I thought I had found a consistent way to reproduce the issue, but was not the case.

It primarily (only?) seems to happen when I play netradio steams. I mostly play the steams from this site:

http://www.dr.dk/netradio/wmp.asp

and use the "Høj" link. Mostly it plays just fine, but sometimes when I switch between the links it hangs completely. I added most of the links to a playlist which I manage from the theater view using an MCE remote. But it is the same if controlling it directly, i.e. without the remote.

My system:

Dell inspiron 94000
Window XP SP3 media center ed
M2Tech hiface, driver 1.0.3.140
MC 15 version 15.0.167

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
Kim

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Bug ? MC 15 often hangs when using kernel streaming with hiface
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 07:01:36 am »

15.0.171 is on the download page.  It's worth a try, but the problem may be with the driver.  Did you check to see if there's a newer driver?

kahandk

Re: Bug ? MC 15 often hangs when using kernel streaming with hiface
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 06:08:22 am »

15.0.171 is on the download page.  It's worth a try, but the problem may be with the driver.  Did you check to see if there's a newer driver?

Yes the driver is the latest version. Actually I was directed to you (J River MC) from M2Tech who claimed that you support their device. But I agree that it sounds like a driver issue. Only problem is that M2Tech thinks that is works with MC.

I downloaded and installed MC 15.0.171 but did not have time to check if it fixed the problem since my trial (and expanded trial) expired. However, I do not feel comfortable buying the program if it periodically hangs while in use! Maybe someone else is able to try this?

Kim
Pages: [1]   Go Up