INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot get MC to stream mp3 music from Windows 7  (Read 1137 times)

knasil

• Recent member
Cannot get MC to stream mp3 music from Windows 7
« on: December 27, 2010, 05:49:42 pm »

Hi, this seems like an obvious question, but after a search in the forums I couldn't find the answer.
I've configured MC15  (latest version) sitting on Windows 7 to be accessible from the web following the instructions in this forum and elsewhere (thanks for the detail level!). I set up the library server, configured my own DNS through no-ip and now I can do several things:
a) I can control MC from my android phone using Gizmo (nice feature)
b) I can control it also from anywhere in the world using webremote (yes, this is also cool)
c) I can see and browse the webpage using webplay

...but when I try to stream music to the outside world, two things occur:

a) if I use my mobile, Android complains that it cannot find an application to play the type of media that is coming from MC

b) if I use my PC (both linux and windows) just shows me a long bar across the web-browser meant to represent the progress of the stream... which is just stuck at 0:00.

At first I thought that my problem has to do with the firewall, but still happens after I disconnect the Windows firewall...

I hope I am not confusing you guys. Any hope that my problem is an obvious one that has been solves ages ago or should I wait for the next version of MC?

Thanks for all the help I received before.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Cannot get MC to stream mp3 music from Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 07:06:23 pm »

a) if I use my mobile, Android complains that it cannot find an application to play the type of media that is coming from MC

Media Center should convert everything to MP3, but try an actual MP3 file.  Maybe there is a problem with conversion.

Also, make sure your copy of Gizmo and Media Center is current.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

knasil

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 06:13:03 am »

I only have mp3 files in my music database.

knasil

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 06:42:07 am »

;D Hey... I just found out that Windows Explorer works fine... I am using Google Chrome and Android (on my phone). Has anybody looked into this issue? I would really like to listen to my music while I am outside home. cheers

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 06:47:27 am »

Firewall is my first guess.  I know you said you disconnected it.

It could be a firewall on the client side, too.  If you're at work, for example.  Maybe you could try from a different location, too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up