INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Feature - Prompt on import of possible duplicates  (Read 829 times)

whoowl

• Recent member
New Feature - Prompt on import of possible duplicates
« on: January 07, 2011, 01:25:54 pm »

I am trying to consolidate multiple years of backups, copies, and storage devices to one new large storage device.  I was doing this by importing music off the old media, then using the rename/move/copy command in Media Center/Jukebox to move it to the new home.  I thought that if I had duplicates, that it would just overwrite the files when they were moved to the final location, but it looks like instead MC/MJ makes another file with (1), (2), etc and then leaves both listed in the library.

Can we have the application behavior changed so that at a minimum it will prompt YES/NO/ALWAYS for over writing files during a move?

Even better, can we have it so that when you import music it will prompt if the music appears to already exist in the library?  Something like a setting for duplicates that allows you to choose what criteria must be matched to make something a duplicate would be helpful too.  Like, same MD5 checksum, same artist/album name, same filename, same date, file locations, file type, etc.  You get to checkbox which of these criteria, or multiple criteria need to be matched to make something a duplicate.

Actually, this could be cool in just having a better capability of detecting duplicates later in your library too, not just at import.

yooz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • **sorry 'bout my baaaad english knowledge**
Re: New Feature - Prompt on import of possible duplicates
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 01:30:12 pm »

..and "fuzzy" search parameters with "wildcard" search would also be nice *g*
Pages: [1]   Go Up