INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How does |File|Library|Sync Library...| work?  (Read 1639 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
How does |File|Library|Sync Library...| work?
« on: January 07, 2011, 03:43:01 pm »

I have been looking at the |File|Library|Sync Library...|  option but can't work out what it actully does and how I make it work.

Is this supposed to be able create a copy of my library (and data) on a local machine (say my laptop) so I can take it away with me?

Just hoping somebody might be able to explain what it actually does and how it works please as the wiki documentation isn't complete yet.

Thanks
Richard

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: How does |File|Library|Sync Library...| work?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 07:05:44 pm »

It downloads files and playlists you don't have to a Library Server Client from a Library Server.

It may be useful if you have a laptop you travel with, or a work machine where you keep a second copy of everything.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 09:44:36 pm »

ok that would be useful, but how do I set it up to work?

I tried with an empty local library and nothing got copied down, so what do I need to create or do locally to get started?

Thanks
Richard

sunfire7

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 03:47:30 am »

Matt, in my opinion, the concept of the sync library is great, but as is implemented now is not useful for me, since the sync is not a real sync, for example if in the server I have a Temp folder (where I keep my new music for tagging, once tagging is done I use rename & copy.. etc) the library sync only has the option to "merge" the files to a location like "D:\Musica\[Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]\" and not to the same path as the original, that destroys my folder structure on the synched library, also I dont know if an existing file in the destination library but not in the source gets deleted or is left there? can be the library sync be a 1:1 copy of the music files & path structure?
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish
Pages: [1]   Go Up