INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I customize the screen layout & why is volume normalization not working?  (Read 1389 times)

David Duxbury

Hi,

I'm doing a trial of JRiver Media Center and have read the sections on the web for skinning the application. Although I like this, I cannot find anything there, or via search in this forum, that tells me whether or not I can actually move where the controls are on the screen. For example, being right-handed I don't like having to constantly move my cursor to the top left to press play etc. Whilst I realize that I can change what the buttons look like, what I really want to know is if I can move them to the bottom right of the screen? This is not just for aesthetics but because I have RSI and find it painful to constantly have to move the cursor across the screen.

Also, I find the Action Window a waste of screen space, so I would like to get rid of it. I'm not sure of the purpose of the display window as when I play videos they appear in this tiny window instead of in the main display. I would like video to play in the main window and the currently playing album information to be at the top of the main display instead of at the bottom left. Is this possible?

With Foobar2000 I can completely change this layout to be how I want as well as changing the look & feel. Could someone please tell me if I can do this with JRiver Media Center? Obviously, if Foobar2000 did everything I wanted I would not be trialling JRiver Media Center :)

On a completely different topic, all of my music files have been ripped to FLAC using dbPoweramp and have been volume regain set. However, when I play back in JRiver Media Center the volume seems to fluctuate. Do I need to do something to have JRiver Media Center to recognize the volume regain settings or have I done something wrong in the ripping process? JRiver Media Center does display the settings so has clearly read them from the file.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

DLD

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe

Player > DSP studio > Volume leveling

David Duxbury

Player > DSP studio > Volume leveling
Thank you very much. Greatly appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up