INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing Handheld - Cover Art Changes Not Picked Up  (Read 1085 times)

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
Syncing Handheld - Cover Art Changes Not Picked Up
« on: January 10, 2011, 11:40:18 am »

I have a folder on a hard drive designated as a "handheld". To that "handheld" I sync my flac files and convert them to MP3 to have an exact MP3 copy. The flac files have no embedded cover art, but in the folder for each album there is a folder.jpg with the cover art. The cover art got embedded in the MP3 files (as I had chosen that option) and a Folder.jpg was put in the corresponding MP3 album folder upon the initial sync. But if I only change the folder.jpg in a flac album folder nothing is synced.

Is there a way to sync changes of the cover art to the "handheld" if the cover art is not embedded in the files in the source?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Syncing Handheld - Cover Art Changes Not Picked Up
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 04:36:38 pm »

I can't think of a way to do this.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

vagskal

Re: Syncing Handheld - Cover Art Changes Not Picked Up
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 12:31:48 am »

Thanks for the answer, anyway.

The folder structure is the same on the source and destination. Any chance of getting the folder.jpgs to sync at least? Then I could just re-embed the cover art in the MP3s instead of having to reconvert the entire flac library. That would save a lot of time.

Would the stack cache function update the embedded cover art in the MP3 in this case? I do not use this function today.

PS. A couple of months ago I complained that MC crashed very often when syncing. This is no longer the case. So if you did something, you did it right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up