INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Way to exclude certain songs from playback without deletion or lots of effort  (Read 1385 times)

dumpster

• Recent member

Instead of building and keeping playlists, I like to create ad-hoc dynamic playlists by simply selecting genre, artist, or album to play based on my mood.  I have over ten thousand tracks and not a single saved playlist, and this method suits me fine.  For the most part.

On quite a few albums there are a few songs I really don't like, and would rather not hear normally when I select a genre/artist/album to play.  I'd like to be able to tag these less desireable songs such that they are skipped normally, without going through the hassle of building and maintaining elaborate playlists, and without deleting the songs from my library or otherwise maintaining these songs in a separate library or folder (that would also be a pain for a bunch of reasons).

Is there a tag I can create or use for this purpose that MC will recognize and do what I want?  My files (mp3 and flac) are thoroughly and accurately tagged, but I don't see any that could be used for this purpose.  I don't bother with ratings or the like, but if there would be a way to tag certain files as low, still create my playback lists per above, and have MC ignore low ratings, that might work.  The keys are: I'm lazy, I like listening to music more than fiddling with playlists, and I'm lazy.

Any ideas appreciated.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

I would recommend rating those songs with one star.  There are stars in the playerbar at the top and there are also keyboard shortcuts (ctrl+shift+rating).

Then, you can use View > Access Control to hide songs with a rating of one.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up