INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA video and converting to MPEG2 medium  (Read 1622 times)

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
DLNA video and converting to MPEG2 medium
« on: January 11, 2011, 12:40:49 pm »

I'm using a Samsung BD-C6500T to connect to the MC DLNA server.  I have MC version 15.0.172 and have it set to 'Convert unsupported formats'.  I'm converting to MPEG2 medium bandwidth.  Most of my video files are MPEG2 or divx.

It's working but when the video ends or I stop it, I end up with an orphaned ffmpeg.exe in memory that uses up 100% of the processor and has to be killed manually.  If I switch video files, I get another copy of ffmpeg.exe ... both using 50% of the processor.  Switching to a third video just doesn't work...

[Update] I discovered tonight that if I play a video right to the very end (i.e. play it out until it stops playing) then the ffmpeg.exe disappears from memory.  In all other cases I have to kill the process manually. [/update]

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: DLNA video and converting to MPEG2 medium
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 11:21:00 am »

Bump

I installed 15.0.173 but it exhibits the same behaviour.  I start playing a video file through the DLNA server in the Samsung 6500T Blu Ray player and it plays through to the end even if I stop it and switch to another video, or close down the player completely.  In short: nothing will stop ffmeg.exe from playing a file right to the end once it's begun!

Pages: [1]   Go Up