INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My library server is not reachable via internet  (Read 2737 times)

airon_22

My library server is not reachable via internet
« on: January 12, 2011, 11:38:12 pm »

I forwarded the proper port to the ip but I'm still receiving not reachable by internet message when I test it. Can I any tell me what could be causing this and some troubleshooting steps to resolve this. So want to try this on my evo.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: My library server is not reachable via internet
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 01:08:43 am »

Some more details like OS, browser, router, etc. and what the web page says when you try to connect would be helpful.
If you are willing you can pm me an invitation to see if it is Evo specific.
Sean

maliceme

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 07:13:00 am »

Having the same problem. I've always been able to reach the server through the iPhone app, and I still can. But now I've installed the portable version of MC on a portable drive to take to work with me. I cannot connect to the server. When I remote into my home PC and check MC, I get the "library not reachable" error. My port forwarding is set correctly as best I can tell (if it wasn't, the iPhone app wouldn't work, right?).

Windows 7, latest MC build, NetGear WNR-2000v2 router.

chirpp

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 11:21:56 am »

Could it be that your work firewall is blocking you?  I know the ports I use were not open at our work.

maliceme

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 09:26:56 am »

I'm pretty sure the ports are being blocked. Sadly, I have no way of finding out which ports are open at the office.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 09:49:23 am »

I'm pretty sure the ports are being blocked. Sadly, I have no way of finding out which ports are open at the office.

You can run Library Server on any port using Options > Media Network > Advanced.

Your office won't block port 80, for example.  I'm not sure if most ISPs allow incoming traffic on port 80.  You could try.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up