INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WASAPI Problem with one album  (Read 1098 times)

Drebin

WASAPI Problem with one album
« on: January 13, 2011, 06:21:36 am »

I've been converting my DVD-Audio discs to FLAC. They are 24bit but can be anything upto 192kHz and anything up to 6 channels.

They all play fine in WASAPI mode apart from one album. I get the following error if I try and play any tracks from this album:-

"Playback could not be started on the output WASAPI-Event Style using the format '48000Hz, 24 Bits Per Sample, 5 Channels'.

The album will play in Direct Sound mode though.

I'm using version 15.0.171 in Win7 64-bit.

I've uploaded the smallest track (50MB) if anyone wants to check it out.

http://rapidshare.com/files/442338477/05_-_Seamus.flac
(Should take about 12 minutes on slow download).

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: WASAPI Problem with one album
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 01:35:47 pm »

HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 01:39:16 pm »

The '5 channels' part is suspicious.

Try using DSP Studio to convert 5 channels to 5.1 or 2.0 channels.  It's likely your card can't output 5 channels.

In general, it's best to select the channel configuration of your speakers as the number of channels in DSP Studio.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Drebin

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 07:21:58 am »

Yes, most of my 24bit albums are 2 or 6 channel.

The 5 channel album would be without a subwoofer channel.
I also have a 4 channel album (24bit 96kHz), an old 70's quadraphonic album so no centre or sub channels. That album actually plays fine in WASAPI mode.

If I enable DSP Studio and select 5.1 (No mixing), then the problem album does play OK. But are my all my stereo albums still "bit perfect" with DSP Studio enabled ? Everything is output in multichannel mode with silence on the unused channels. I think I'll disable DSP Studio as it is only one album that has a problem.

Pages: [1]   Go Up