INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCWS - File/SetInfo  (Read 1082 times)

haylo75

• Junior Woodchuck
MCWS - File/SetInfo
« on: January 14, 2011, 12:31:49 am »

Hello again!  I'm moving on through the list of web services in my ColdFusion facade for MCWS, and have hit a bump with File/SetInfo.  I've

I noticed the release notes from build 152 state:
2. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/File/SetInfo function to allow setting database values with the SDK (requires an authenticated connection or the server will return a failure).

I'm sending my username/password with every request and have not been using the Token provided by the Authenticate method.  I tried grabbing the Token and adding it to my query string, but I'm still receiving a failure.  Is there something else that I'm overlooking?

Thanks!
Kerr

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MCWS - File/SetInfo
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 08:53:42 am »

Only a server configured to require a username and password will accept changes.  Does the server you are testing have authentication enabled?

You can call MCWS/v1/Authenticate to get a token.  Then add the returned token to all subsequent requests.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

haylo75

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MCWS - File/SetInfo
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 09:40:24 pm »

Yes, the server requires username and password authentication.  Thanks, I added the token and it worked fine.  I haven't been able to find into on how long a token (session?) lasts.  Is there a timeout or something of that nature?
Kerr
Pages: [1]   Go Up