INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with MKV with Multiple Audio Tracks and DLNA Server  (Read 5990 times)

ralphwolf

Help with MKV with Multiple Audio Tracks and DLNA Server
« on: January 16, 2011, 02:30:46 pm »

I am stumped.  I have read these forums for a few days now and still have not been able to figure this out.

I have an MKV file with and English track, Japanese Track and English subtitles.  I want the English track to be the selected track, always.  Playing it in Media Center I have no problems but when I try to play it on the DLNA sever via my DirecTV HR24 it plays the Japanese track.

The setup:
With no codecs installed, I added CoreAVC, then CCCP, then installed MC.  I have the MKV playback settings as: JR engine/Haali Source/CoreAVC filter/Auto.  

I set CCCP to use CoreAVC for H.264.  Haali language priority to eng and checked the file with mkvmerge to ensure the English track was primary.

I am hoping that someone can help me fix whatever setting I missed to fix this.  Or, is there a setting that could pop-up on the DVR to select which track, like iSedora does?

I did also remux the file by removing the jap track to double-check track.  It played the eng track flawlessly. But with over 300 files like this I hoped not do remux all of them.

amontiel69

Re: Help with MKV with Multiple Audio Tracks and DLNA Server
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 10:47:30 pm »

Hi,

I have a question regarding your post. What do you mean by

"I have the MKV playback settings as: JR engine/Haali Source/CoreAVC filter/Auto."

How do you adjust these settings in JR? I cannot find settings for MKV playback anywhere.

Thanks

horse

• World Citizen
Re: Help with MKV with Multiple Audio Tracks and DLNA Server
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 11:09:54 pm »

Let me understand, you are using MC as the DLNA server and the HR40 as the client?
I'm not quite sure based on what you have written.

If so, you need to select the correct audio and subtitle track on the HR40, making changes on the MC server will make no difference except for local playback on the server.

MC's DLNA will stream the MKV to the HR40 with all the subtitle and audio tracks.

I use DLNA on MC and currently use a WD TV Live Plus and LG ST-600 hardware DLNA client. On both I can stream from MC and then select the audio and subtitles I want using the clients menu option.

Pages: [1]   Go Up