INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changes in the Tag - Artist doesn't always update the pane view above  (Read 2037 times)

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel

After I import some music and I want to change the artist name John Lennon to Lennon, John the Artist pane sometimes will keep "John Lennon" as the artist.  Any suggestions?

Tunetyme

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Changes in the Tag - Artist doesn't always update the pane view above
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 12:32:15 am »

This happens to me as well. Even if a value is deleted it sticks in the pane. Try refresh or switching to another artist and then back.

It is confusing that the value sticks in the pane, but I am not sure I would want that changed since the current behaviour has been advantageous a couple of times when I deleted a value by mistake.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 06:06:48 am »

press F5 (refresh)
Sean

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 03:16:29 pm »

I'll try it next time it occurs.  But I believe I have closed MC and reopened 2 or 3 times before I noticed the problem.  Shouldn't it refresh upon booting MC?

Tunetyme

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 09:45:51 pm »

It has shown up again.  I started checking by clicking on the Artist in the pane.  When I hit Beethoven I got [varies] in the tag field artist.  I tried sorting by clicking on the header and nothing changed, every field was filled in with exactly the same name.  I then tried refresh and that didn't clear it up.  I have been in and out of MC at least a dozen times since the last occurrence.  It also doesn't mean that all the Beethoven files were listed.  I will continue to test this and see if I can pinpoint it further.  This was not the only example where this happened.  In both case I have not added or deleted any files from these artists in MC.

Tunetyme

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 10:00:23 pm »

I just posted the same question, you beat me to it by a couple minutes.  Would love an answer, so far nothing suggested has any effect
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 10:09:28 pm »

Ok, I just realized you posted originally yesterday and I just didn't see your thread so I apologize for starting a separate thread for an already oped question.  More importantly, I think I just solved my problem and hopefully yours as well.  In the Tag bar on the lower left there is a list icon on the very left side.  Click on this and the last option is "Also Show>"  There are 2 entries for Album Artist, ie "Album Artist" and "Album Artist (auto)"  Select both and make sure they both have identical entries as well as the regular "Artist".  For me when all three have the same info the problem is solved.  Hope that helps someone.

Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

rick.ca

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 11:07:37 pm »

There are 2 entries for Album Artist, ie "Album Artist" and "Album Artist (auto)"  Select both and make sure they both have identical entries as well as the regular "Artist".  For me when all three have the same info the problem is solved.

The purpose of [Album Artist] is to override what the program would otherwise put in [Album Artist (auto)] (e.g., "(Multiple Artists)"). If you simply delete any value that's there (perhaps tagged by other software?), [Album Artist (auto)] will default to [Album].

To isolate tracks that may need to have [Album Artist] cleared, use the search -[Album Artist]=[] -[Album Artist (auto)]=[/(Multiple Artists/)]...

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 12:51:58 pm »

Hmmmm... I wonder what has changed?  This never happened prior to 172 that I am aware of. 

I am also having this appear when I import new songs and click on > next to the artist.  MC will only list the new imports when I know I have several albums by the same artist. 

Why the need for artist and artist (auto)?  Should I select the auto option for display?

Tunetyme.

rick.ca

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 05:31:17 pm »

Why the need for artist and artist (auto)?

The Wiki entry.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 07:26:10 pm »

Hmmmm... I wonder what has changed?  This never happened prior to 172 that I am aware of. 

Tunetyme.

I have had the album-artist and album-artist (auto) fields mess with me in older versions but not 172.
I have made it a habit to check that as soon as I add new music.
Sean

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 09:22:29 am »

This might be a good pre-programed smart list.  I spend a lot of time making sure my database is 100% accurate.
I'm not much on command line entries.  I gave it up with the last release of DOS but I will give it a try.

Thanks for the help!

Tunetyme
Pages: [1]   Go Up