INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The MiniHD falls off the network occationally  (Read 815 times)

Mediahome

• Junior Woodchuck
The MiniHD falls off the network occationally
« on: January 16, 2011, 11:53:46 pm »

I got my MiniHD Connect working with MC but I still have troubles with it falling off the network.  With a playlist pushed to it, the MiniHD plays for a while and then it abruptly stops.  On the server PC, the MiniHD zone lists the playlist but when I click on the currently playing song the MiniHD drops off the Playing Now list.  After about 50 seconds it comes back onto the list but it will drop off again (and again, and again...) unless you can right click on it real quick and clear the queue. 

I previously posted about this problem but I thought that it was more likely a problem with the MiniHD.  So I logged an incident with LaCie but their Tech Support guys are pretty clueless about a DLNA environment.  So I kept digging into myself.  At this point I am inclined to think that the problem has more to do with MC than it does the MiniHD, but it is still hard to tell.

I found that if I restarted MC on the server that it would come right back up with the MiniHD in the Playing Now list.  The previously playing song is still in the queue and the queue is stopped.  If you press play the playlist resumes playing.  If you watch the MiniHD video console when this is happening you see song or stream that MC sent listed in the MiniHD's playing now list.  The song or stream is listed for 5 to 10 seconds after the music stops playing and then it clears.

Somehow the session between MC and the MiniHD gets interrupted.  The MC zone still has the playlist in it but the MiniHD "disappears" from sight to MC and it quits streaming to it.  From the MiniHD's prespective it appears that it was playing OK and then the server quit streaming to it.  It sure looks like MC is the one that drops the session.

Does anyone know if any of the DLNA Server - Advanced settings might have an impact on this kind of behavior?

Has anyone else had troubles with DLNA devices "falling off" the Playing Now list?

Thanks,
Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up