INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PDF Booklet for Audio  (Read 1702 times)

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
PDF Booklet for Audio
« on: January 18, 2011, 01:49:44 pm »

Just bought an album on Itunes, (Duran Duran - All you need is now)
There is pdf booklet with the download,
I have managed to get it imported with the album in audio section of MC.

When i double click the pdf-file it opens in acrobat reader..... so far so good.

So heres my quistion

If I play an audio file from the album, and then double clicks the pdf file,
the music stops and the pdf file shows, I would like the music to play on, in the same manner
that you can play music and then double click a picture,
then the picture shows but the music keep on playing.

Hope I make myself clear.

Thomas

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
Re: PDF Booklet for Audio
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 04:25:20 am »

Bump :D

mschneid

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 11:00:09 am »

I have a related question. 

In addition to linking a Booklet album to an Audio Album

I have a music video MKV or FlV file of a song and a FLAC file of the same song..  The media types are video and audio respectively
which are set by MC on import.   

Is there a way to construct a View that would combine both media types if they exist for an album or song?  I am thinking about selecting an album from audio and having two details pains pop up... one for and albumns video and one  with the albums audio files when the video file actually exists in my archive.

Another option would be a hot link to a video file on you tube or some other server on line

Niacin

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 11:36:31 am »

What's on the .pdf file? If it's stuff like liner notes and lyrics, why don't you just extract that info to a word file or similar?

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 02:16:06 pm »

In an earlier version of MC playing a document would not stop the playing of audio or video. It does now. I recall some debate on the merit of this change but do not remember the details.

I wish it worked like it did in the past because I have docs associated with many albums and audiobooks and I frequently want to read them after starting the audio.

There is a work around. You can select the document and right click send to external.

mschneid

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 04:59:19 pm »

You wrote
I have docs associated with many albums and audiobooks and I frequently want to read them after starting the audio.

How do you do that?

Is there a way to stack a video File type file with an audio file type file (keeping the audio file on top of the stack?

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 09:51:47 pm »

I got rid of all the canned views which only permit the viewing of one media type.

I replaced them with custom views, such as "Audiobook" that shows all media types so that I can see the audio tracks, book cover images, and text descriptions at the same time. Ditto for Documentaries, Music, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up