INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MWCS Playlists List - VB.NET  (Read 1046 times)

matt_65

MWCS Playlists List - VB.NET
« on: January 19, 2011, 07:45:15 am »

I am working on an interface in a WPF application and I have been able to work my way through all the challenges but have really become stuck of late with how to parse the output of the MWCS Plalists List.  I am wanting to get the playlist ID, Name and Path into something like a DataSet but cant work out how to achieve this with the way the data is presented.

Can anyone provide any information or know of any tutorials that would help me to learn how to properly parse the data?

For single itemed results (such as now playing information, or the now playing thumbnail) I am using Linq2XML, but as there  can be many playlist's I dont know how I can loop through the items while keeping the relationship.

So for example, I have been using the following where there is only the one record:
Code: [Select]
For Each result In name
            dr = dt.NewRow
            With dr
                .Item("name") = result.@Name
                .Item("value") = result.Value
            End With
            dt.Rows.Add(dr)
        Next

But as the Playlist Lists is multiple records, if I was to do it this way then the DataSet would be a heap of rows that have no relationship.

Any information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MWCS Playlists List - VB.NET
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 08:55:54 am »

Sorry, but I'm not sure.

You might Google ".NET XML parsing".  I would think there would be a lot of examples, since XML handling is so common.

Good luck.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up