INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WD TV Live or other recommendation?  (Read 1118 times)

chirpp

• World Citizen
WD TV Live or other recommendation?
« on: January 20, 2011, 09:38:49 am »

I think I am losing my battle with trying to create an HTPC to use with my tv. I just got a new hdmi video card but more ram is needed (playback suffers intermittently), and now a power supply.  I am just not sure I am up to the task of keeping this baby up to spec. $$$

So I am thinking I will get a WD TV Live Plus box.  (They are on sale at Amazon).  I would stream to it from my other "working" computer from MC.  It would mostly be used to stream videos on that computers drives (ripped in video_TS format), and to play back tv recordings done on the main computer (.JTV format currently). I would also use it for Netflix streaming, and the occasional you tube or, if it allows it, hulu. 

For Audio and photos, it would be nice to use it, but we don't use this in this room that often for music so that is more of a nice to have.

So my question is: Is WD a good device? Any other devices that are around $100.00 that are better? Will WD or anyothers stream my .jtv shows?  Or will I need to change that to .tv?  Or am I just being too lazy and should keep working on my little bugs with my htpc?
Pages: [1]   Go Up