INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dlna challenges with MC, works on Synology  (Read 2544 times)

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
dlna challenges with MC, works on Synology
« on: January 21, 2011, 01:00:59 pm »

Hi!

I have a Sony bdp-s570 blu-ray player, which does support mkv-files, but not thru dlna.

Fortunatly, it is partially possible to work around this problem by renaming the files to avi. At least when using the dlna-server on the synology. MC seems to have some problems with this, so the player instead reports a corrupt file message. Anyone been able to configure MC around this?

Another side question: Since all my files i located on a nas, will MC require to stream from nas to jrmc-computer to dlna device? If yes, will some of the settings regarding url allow directly streaming (not thru jrmc-computer)? The wiki was a little thin on documentation regarding this.
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Re: dlna challenges with MC, works on Synology
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 01:05:24 pm »

I just noticed the forum thread on some recommended settings for the sony playr. I'll check those out...
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 01:20:52 pm »

Hi!

I have a Sony bdp-s570 blu-ray player, which does support mkv-files, but not thru dlna.

Fortunatly, it is partially possible to work around this problem by renaming the files to avi. At least when using the dlna-server on the synology. MC seems to have some problems with this, so the player instead reports a corrupt file message. Anyone been able to configure MC around this?

Another side question: Since all my files i located on a nas, will MC require to stream from nas to MC-computer to dlna device? If yes, will some of the settings regarding url allow directly streaming (not thru MC-computer)? The wiki was a little thin on documentation regarding this.
If you do the rename, try turning off video conversion completely.

If the files are on a NAS, they are pulled from the NAS not streamed through MC. This was not always the case but has been so for several months.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 03:29:27 pm »

Tried the suggested settings from your other post, but no success. I can't play of any video files actually, it reports just "no files" when accessing a folder which should have files.

Getting late on Friday, so my wife would appreciate some test-free time now...

I'll do some more testing tomorrow. Might be something I have forgotten.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 04:04:16 pm »

What version are you running?
There is a preset for the Sony BD in a future version. Works for me here with the same player.

If you have the most recent version of 15, there are registry override strings for the video mimetype and dlnatype that should be enough to get it working for you.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 05:15:53 am »

I was running 15.172, so it quite recent. I have a pal player though, so that might be what differs from your setup.

I'll try to play a little around in an hour or so. 

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 06:16:14 am »

I got it working now, started with a brand new dlna-profile. Kinda strange, since the first one also was a "generic"... Anywho; thanks for your support bob!

Last anoying thing now, is the extra video, pictures and music folders showing up under all main video, pictures and music items :)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 11:32:49 am »

I got it working now, started with a brand new dlna-profile. Kinda strange, since the first one also was a "generic"... Anywho; thanks for your support bob!

Last annoying thing now, is the extra video, pictures and music folders showing up under all main video, pictures and music items :)
Working on that.... It's being a little more stubborn to solve with the Sony products..
Pages: [1]   Go Up