INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "this feature requires an internet connection"  (Read 2098 times)

jeh14

• Junior Woodchuck
"this feature requires an internet connection"
« on: January 21, 2011, 08:30:27 pm »

I click on "connected media" and use Google to search for KCSM (jazz radio station in San Mateo, CA)

Their site shows up in the Google search results. Click on the link to their site. Then click on their "listen live" link.

JRiver says "this feature requires an internet connection"

Well, obviously I have an internet connection, or Google and the station's site wouldn't have come up.

If I do the same steps with IE, the "listen live" link works fine.

I have searched this site for this problem and found the advice is invariably "check your firewall, be certain JRiver is enabled to work through it." The firewall is turned off. And if it was the firewall, I'd be getting a pop-up notification that JRiver was being blocked (and I'd be able to unblock it then). Please don't tell me to check my firewall.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: "this feature requires an internet connection"
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 08:36:18 pm »

I just clicked Listen Live in the Other Players (High-speed) and MC asked how I wanted to handle the feed.  I streamed, and it worked fine.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

jeh14

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 01:44:19 am »

Uh... I don't see any such link at their page. I just see one option, "LISTEN LIVE" with an animated speaker to its left. I see no choice of feeds. What's the full URL for the page you're seeing?

jeh14

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 01:51:32 am »

nm, I see what you did.

From the Google search results I clicked on the link to the KCSM main page. NOT "Listen live" in the Google search results.

Then I clicked on "Listen live" from the KCSM main page ( http://kcsm.org/ ).  That's what didn't work.

Now if I click "Listen live" from the Google search results I get to a different page. And there I see the "Other players" box and "high-speed" under that. Indeed, that works in JRiver.

Another way to get there - from the KCSM main page, "Jazz 91" in the left-side menu bar, then again in that same menu bar, "listen live" under "Jazz 91" - and there's the page with the "Other players" box. Again the "high speed" link works in JRiver.

I guess it's an issue with that particular stream.

Thanks... sometimes you just need someone else to try something you weren't trying!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 04:07:54 pm »

The main page's Listen Live is a Javascript link, which does:

Code: [Select]
javascript:window.open('http://v3.player.abacast.com/player/player.php?pid=kcsm&stream=bb', ...)

I don't know how MC's embedded IE controls handle Javascript and a new window.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up