INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can a library server stream different rates dependeing on diferent clients  (Read 1561 times)

swinster

• World Citizen

Hi,

I use a single library server to store index all my media and connect various client to it. Streaming whilst on the same LAN is fine, but I also connect via the Internet using Gizmo and MC15 based clients. Is there a way to get MC library server to differentiate between different clients and where they connect from, so lowering bit rate if they connect from the Internet.

Otherwise I tend to get the buffering message all the time, yet I don't want to lower bit rate for my LAN based machines.

Cheers,

Chris

swinster

• World Citizen
Re: Can a library server stream different rates dependeing on diferent clients
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 12:27:45 pm »

If this can't be done at the moment, is it possible to bring this into a future release? I suspect you will be able to chose the relevant bit rate base in the IP address of the requesting client - i.e. if it in the same subnet as the server then applly full bandwidth, if it isn't then apply and alternative bandwidth.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 12:36:40 pm »

I believe this is currently working for Library Server clients.  You set the bitrate on the client side.

For Gizmo, Matt says it's fixed at 128Kbps MP3.  That may change. 

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 06:35:26 pm »

I'd love to be able to choose the bitrate that my library streams to Gizmo. I can hear the difference between 192 and 128kbps.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 12:30:55 am »

What are the ID's sent? 

When I play an .ape file playback starts very quickly, so quickly I actualy wonder if there is any conversion going on.

R

TMA-1

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 08:59:20 am »

I have FLAC only in my library and I stream to a client on my work. It works for me to set the bitrate on the client.
128kbps medium, 320kbps high, 700-1000kbps uncompressed CD, and about 3000kbps on 24bit96khz FLACs. 

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 09:00:35 am »

I'm streaming to my Android phone using Gizmo - no option to adjust the bitrate there, at the moment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up